9.12.2008

The Plan

What am I doing here?

We've all asked the question, I'm sure. I ask myself frequently, but for the purposes of this conversation, I'm not asking about my place in the universe, my reason for living, or anything quite that esoteric. What am I doing here, with this blog?

The idea is to document, explore and reflect on my very last quarter as a college student. In two weeks from yesterday, I will take on the last chapter of the challenge I issued to myself oh-so-many years ago. In this, my last 10 grueling weeks, I face the challenge of not just completing but blowing out of the water a full 21 credit load. (Note: 12 credits is considered full time. On my campus, most full timers are enrolled for 3 courses, totaling 15 credits. So there.)

I'll use my remaining two weeks of "freedom" to get a jump on things. I'll be reading and writing, and generally doing everything I can to lessen the shock of this huge workload. During these two weeks, I'll check in and share what I'm up to. Once the quarter begins on September 24, my intent is to post two or three entries a week for the duration of the quarter. I'll share some details of what I'm working on, reflections on my final courses, and a little bit of my thoughts for the future.

My entries are likely to range widely in frequency, length, content and style. Think of this project as something akin to a box of Cracker Jacks. It will always contain a prize, but none of us know beforehand what that prize might be.

That said, I encourage you to visit often and share with your friends.

Be well.

No comments: